- About Us
- News & Events
- Virtual Museum
- Educational Resources
- Histories & Narratives
- Websites & Bibliography
- Giving Opportunities
A summer study program in Washington, DC, Poland, Germany and Israel
for secondary school teachers.
The Summer Seminar Program on Holocaust and Jewish Resistance was initiated by Vladka Meed in 1984. This year's program is scheduled for July 1-20, 2012. This seminar is for secondary school teachers who implement Holocaust studies in their classrooms. Our group visits historic sites and hears from survivors and prominent scholars.
· To advance education in U.S. secondary schools about the Holocaust and Jewish Resistance
· To deepen teachers' knowledge and strengthen their ability to implement Holocaust studies in their classrooms
· To teach each new generation about the Holocaust and Jewish resistance, so that they will know, understand, and never forget
· To further educational activities which use the lessons of the past as warnings for the present and the future
· Martyrdom and the Struggle for Survival in Jewish History
· Life in the Ghettos and the Camps
· "The Final Solution"
· Armed Resistance and Revolt
· Spiritual Resistance
· Reaction of the Free World
· The Holocaust in Literature and Art
· Post-War Impact of the Holocaust
To access an application form, go to www.hajrtp.org/program.html Download the file either in PDF format or in Microsoft Word format. Applications are evaluated by a committee as they are received and spaces are filled on a rolling basis--so applying early is to your advantage. All applications must reach our office no later than Friday, March 23, 2012.
Cost to the applicant is $3,000, which includes round-trip travel from Washington, DC, trips to historic sites, hotel accommodations (2 to a room) and 2 meals daily.
Payment is expected immediately upon notification of acceptance, at which time you will receive specifics on the program.
NOTE: The $3,000 program fee is supplemented by the American Gathering of Jewish Holocaust Survivors and other supporting organizations.
Holocaust and Jewish Resistance Teachers' Program
c/o The American Gathering
122 W. 30th St., Suite 205
New York, NY 10001